The Ready Steady Baby! App provides information for women and their partners from the decision to start trying for a baby, through pregnancy, labour and early parenthood. It was developed in direct response to feedback from expectant parents, and to ensure we continuously improve it we are now doing a study to gather your views.
Can I take part?
You can take part in our survey if:
- you are pregnant and
- you live in the NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde or NHS Tayside area.
If you fit the criteria we would like to hear from you. We are seeking the views of all pregnant women, not just those who have used the App.
What do I have to do?
The survey will be an informal face-to-face interview at a venue near you and will last up to 15 minutes. You can choose to answer all or just some of the questions and your answers and personal information will be anonymous and confidential. If you take part you will receive a £15 gift voucher for Boots or Mothercare.
If you want to take part, you can register online. Please note that we might not be able to invite everyone to an interview.
Information on taking part in the study will also be available through antenatal clinics at GP Practices.
To encourage diversity, participants are being ‘recruited’ in one of the following ways:
- Online survey promoted on this website
- A request to participate in the study through targeted advertising via Facebook
- Through established community organisations who are supporting and working with pregnant women in Tayside and Greater Glasgow & Clyde.
- Advertising in a range of GP Practices and antenatal clinics (with consent), inviting women to participate after an appointment with their midwife.