All babies cry - although some more than others. As you get to know your baby you will get to learn about their crying signals and what different cries mean.
- There are a few ways to cope with a crying baby
- Make sure they are not hurt or in pain
- Do they need their nappy changed?
- Check that her clothes are comfortable and that she is not too hot or too cold
- Is your baby tired? Gently rocking her, singing quietly or walking around the room might help her to go to sleep
- Make sure that she's not hungry
- Chat to her in a gentle voice, hug and cuddle her so you are close
No matter how frustrating and worrying a crying baby can be, you should never slap or shake them.
Trust your instincts. If you are worried contact your health visitor.